I seem to be the only one amused by this...I can’t get it out of my head.
maybe by next year (the 50th Anniversary of Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival!!!) I can get others into this? What rhymes with "cambric shirt (in the deep forest green)"?
Thoughts/hints for the weekend:
Do go visit sheep! walk the barns, watch a sheep show, see the breeds display...they are all around!
Wear waterproof shoes/raincoat...it sounds like it's going to be wet
Visit the Chesapeake Fibershed table in the new Exhibition Hall Annex
Go see the sheep to shawl competition!
Check out the fleece show and sale (Solitude Wool is a sponsor 😁)
Watch the sheep shearing demonstration (outside East lawn of the Main Exhibition Hall, all weekend)
AND come see us!:
Main Exhibition Hall D16 & D17 (double booth, woo hoo!)
- 2022 MDSW colorway: Maryland waterways (in Coopworth sport and Montadale light)
- 10% off all Border Leicester yarns & roving* (Border Leicester is the featured breed MDSW 2022)
- 15% off custom woven wool throws
(beautiful and practical, wedding gift worthy, or Mom’s day, graduation…)
- three-skein bouquets (different colors) of natural dyed yarn in Romney mohair (save $28)*
- as always: 6 or more skeins, 15% off *
* excluding cashmere. one discount per order, whatever is highest)
We are bringing:
- Border Leicester soft spun (10% discount for featured breed)
- Border Leicester sport (10% discount for featured breed)
- Briesbrook (Kathy’s farm) alpaca and cashmere yarns and roving
- Clun Forest light
- Coopworth sport
- Coopworth lace
- Cotswold true lace
- Dorset hike
- Montadale light
- Romney with a little mohair yarn (special 3 skein bouquets too)
- Roving (dyed and undyed, Shave'em to Save 'em and other breeds
- Targhee 3 ply
- Tunis 3 ply
- custom woven wool throws (show special, 15% off)
see you there!!!!!